The Congress Organizers and the International Scientific Committee of the XVIIIth IUSSI International Congress invites the submission of abstracts for inclusion into the confirmed symposia, in the form of oral and poster presentations.
but before doing so, please carefully read the following guidelines:
For a list of confirmed symposia please see the Symposia section of our website. These symposia have been proposed by scientists active in the respective fields and have been selected by the International Scientific Committee. The symposia listings include a list of speakers contacted by the organizers.
When submitting your abstract please indicate the symposium you would like it considered for.
- Your abstract must be submitted by 02 March, 2018, midnight Brazilian time
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed
- Abstracts cannot contain special symbols, diagrams, photographs or tables
- The abstract title should not exceed 15 words
- The abstract text should not exceed 2000 characters (incl. space)
- Abstract submission must be exclusively done online, through the Congress website
- Abstract submissions via email or mail will not be accepted
- We suggest that you restrict your abstract submissions for contributed talks to a single entry and aim to present posters based on additional abstracts. Speakers invited for symposia talks may contribute up to two entries. The number of posters that will be accepted depends on demand and available space, and preference will be given to those who will not give an oral presentation.
The abstract will appear as submitted in the Abstracts online version.
Abstracts submitted for oral presentation in confirmed symposia will be assessed by the symposia chair and co-chair(s) using standard criteria.
Notification of acceptance as talk or poster will be sent to the submitting author by the end of March 2018.
- Acceptance of an abstract does not indicate that the Organizing Committee of the IUSSI Congress will provide funding for the participant’s travel or registration.
- All presenters MUST register for the congress.
- All symposia participants will have to register individually for the Congress.
Confirmation of Receipt of Abstract
After submission you will be sent an acknowledgment via email that your abstract has been received. If you do not receive the acknowledgement within five (5) working days of your submission, please contact the Congress Secretariat via email at [email protected]
Editing of Abstracts prior to Submission Deadline
After receiving the confirmation of your submission via email you will be able to access your abstract using your Abstract key informed in the email. Should you wish to edit your abstract, you may do so before the closing date of abstract submissions.